Yesterday, Huami launched its Amazfit GTS smartwatch in India. It is Huami’s Apple Watch-like smartwatch, but with a smaller price tag. The smartwatch will be available for sale at the Amazon Great Indian Festival 2019 Celebration. The smartwatch comes with a 1.65-inch Super AMOLED screen which has a square shape. That coupled with a custom interchangeable dial and a 14-day battery life with continuous GPS tracking.
The Amazfit GTS is ideal for monitoring 12 distinct types of exercises. It houses a PPG optical heart rate monitor and GPS sensors. Coupled with that is water-resistance of up to 5ATM or about 50 meters underwater. As such you can certainly take it on a deep dive in the pool or use it in the rain without agonizing over it.
Amazfit GTS |Specs and Features
- Display: 1.65″ Square AMOLED screen
- Activity Tracking: 12 Sports Modes, Activity, and Sleep Tracking
- Sensors: Low-power BioTracker PPG sensor, 6-Axis Accelerometer, 3 Axis Geomagnetic Sensor, Air Pressure Sensor, Ambient Light sensor
- Battery: 220mAh with 14 Days Battery Backup
- Water Resistance: 5ATM or 50 Meters
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0; GPS, GLONASS, NFC;
- Supports: Android 5.0+ or iOS 10 above
Talking at the launch event for the watch, Huami’s Global Business VP Mark Mao said, “The year 2019 has been an excellent year for Amazfit so far. We have received a fantastic response from the Indian market to all of our recent releases–Bip Lite, Verge Lite & GTR. We’re extremely excited to launch GTS in India, elegantly built with a sleek and elegant screen. With the festive season around, we have high expectations regarding the Indian market. We look forward to seeing massive consumer interest and reaction from the Indian market and expect to be among India’s top smartwatches”.
The smartwatch is currently available in Obsidian Black in India, but will soon be available in exciting color palettes such as steel blue, lava gray, rose pink and more.