Showing no service on your phone? Searching for how to fix it? Here we present the ultimate solution of “No service on your” issue in detail.
The ‘no service’ indicator at the top corner of a phone is the most infuriating inconvenience for a user. This means you are unable to text, call or access the internet unless connected to a nearby Wi-Fi- facility.
- NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE? HERE ARE THE SOLUTIONS:
- 1. RESTARTING YOUR PHONE:
- 2. TURN ON THE AIRPLANE MODE:
- 3. CHECK YOUR MOBILE DATA:
- 4. CHECK “DATE AND TIME SETTINGS” ON YOUR PHONE:
- 5. REINSERTION OF YOUR SIM CARD:
- 6. ALTERING THE “VOICE AND DATA” SETTINGS:
- 7. UPDATING CARRIER SETTINGS TO SOLVE NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE ISSUE:
- 8. RESETTING YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS:
- 9. WATCH OUT FOR YOUR ACCOUNT PAYMENTS:
- 10. THE FACTORY DEFAULT RESET TO FIX NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE:
- 11. SWITCH YOUR MOBILE DATA ON AND OFF TILL RECOVERED:
- VIDEO TUTORIAL TO FIX NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE:
POSSIBLE REASONS OF NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE:
This often occurs when you could be roaming about in areas with an inadequate amount of network coverage. In case of an Apple iPhone, a network problem arises if the SIM card is not placed properly or due to a bug in the device’s software.
Users have also witnessed such a situation right after an iOS upgrade. However, if you are in a remote area, unstable mobile data is a common cause and not an issue to worry about.
Another possible reason for ‘no service’ could be unwanted damage caused due to contact with water.
Your device might appear just fine but contact with water could disrupt the essential components responsible for connecting your phone with the carrier.
There are low chances of successful repair in such a case. It often requires replacement. A similar hindrance is caused when your phone is bent. This could happen by accidentally sitting on your phone.
To fix the problem, bending the phone back could help with the connections being stable again but If it does not the phone might require repair or a replacement.
Before trying to fix the service errors, make sure you are in an area with consistent coverage. Given below are the methods you can incorporate to get rid of the annoying issue:
NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE? HERE ARE THE SOLUTIONS:
1. RESTARTING YOUR PHONE:
The most well-known and basic method is to restart your phone. Restarting your phone can solve many simple issues on your phone including this one.
2. TURN ON THE AIRPLANE MODE:
- This can be altered by approaching the settings or by swiping up to the control center. You will spot an airplane sign. Turn on the mode and wait for about a minute.
- Switch off the airplane mode and the no service indicator should be gone.
3. CHECK YOUR MOBILE DATA:
- If the above-mentioned method did not fix the problem, try checking your mobile data.
- Firstly, make sure you turn on your mobile data.
- If you are staying out of the country, you can select the option of Data Roaming.
4. CHECK “DATE AND TIME SETTINGS” ON YOUR PHONE:
- Be certain about the fact that the date and time settings are as per your respective time-zones.
- If not, enable the “Set automatically’ mode.
- The order being Settings-> General-> Date and Time-> Set Automatically.
5. REINSERTION OF YOUR SIM CARD:
- Use a paper clip and open the tray or any tool used to eject a SIM. Make sure the ejected SIM card is not scratched or impaired in any manner. If yes, reach out to your carrier asking for a SIM replacement.
- After ejection put the SIM card back into the tray again.
- Close the tray.
- Be gentle throughout the entire process.
6. ALTERING THE “VOICE AND DATA” SETTINGS:
This method helped multiple users fix the no service issue on their phones. The steps you should follow are as under:
- Approach Settings on your phone. Select Cellular and then choose the Cellular Data Option. You will now spot the Voice and Data settings.
- You can switch to 3G mode if you are using 4G or vice versa.
- Navigate back to the home page and wait for the network back.
7. UPDATING CARRIER SETTINGS TO SOLVE NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE ISSUE:
This refers to the carrier updates relating to the settings. It includes cellular data, hotspot, messaging, network, and voicemail settings. Here’s how you can start your update:
- Connect your phone to a continuous supply of internet connection.
- Select General in Settings. Click on About and there you will be able to see your pending update. If no update is to be done, there will be no notification.
8. RESETTING YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS:
This method is not only helpful for Bluetooth or Wi-Fi issues but also for recovering the lost network. To start with the process, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings >> Tap on General.
- In General, select the Reset option
- Now, choose the Reset Network Settings
- Type in your phone passcode
- Tap the Reset Network Settings for confirmation.
- PERFORM A SOFTWARE UPDATE OF YOUR DEVICE:
- Go to Settings >> followed by General.
- Press About under General, click on the software update, and put your device aside for a thorough iOS update.
9. WATCH OUT FOR YOUR ACCOUNT PAYMENTS:
Before starting to point out technical faults, check the status of your account in case of unresolved payments. Also, it might arise due to a problem with the payment from your respective bank account.
Even if these are not the reasons why you see ‘no service’, there are multiple reasons why your carriers might cancel your account. It could be because of some detectable fraud or error on their part.
You can also directly contact your carrier to know the root reason. The carrier might provide you with special activation codes that help resolve the problem.
10. THE FACTORY DEFAULT RESET TO FIX NO SERVICE ON YOUR PHONE:
- Resetting your network settings to factory defaults is also an effective method.
- Note that after the completion of the process, you will lose your Wi-Fi and other passwords and you will be required to generate them again.
11. SWITCH YOUR MOBILE DATA ON AND OFF TILL RECOVERED:
You can perform this action when you are out traveling and getting in and out of coverage areas or losing it for certain distances.
Make sure to switch your data off and wait for some seconds and turn it back on by going to settings or swiping up the control center.
If all of the above-mentioned methods prove unsuccessful for you. This is an evident sign for you to ring up your technician.
And get your phone examined for possible glitches in the internal components of your phone. There will be several minor faults that cannot be fixed by you.
The bonus tips: you should scan your phone with the best mobile phone antivirus. Sometimes it may be causing issues due to some harmful files, malware, or virus.