Here are the 4 ultimate solutions of “How to Reset Xiaomi Mobile Phones”. There are times that you may find it difficult to pinpoint the issues with your phone when it is not working properly.
You may have become completely frustrated to go through all the apps and settings searching for the issues or you want to sell your phone but you want to secure the data without falling into the wrong hands.
Also, Privacy and security have gone too far that nowadays we are not sure how intact is it secured. Our data has been exposed and overexposed with an uncompromised threat. Though cybersecurity and its system have been modified over the years. We are still under the dilemma of securing our personal data from the black-out hackers out there.
In all these situations one handy way is resetting the phone so that you can resolve the issues and secure your data from being exposed when you feel your phone is threatened.
- How to Reset Xiaomi Mobile Phones?
What is Factory Reset?
A factory reset is a software restore of an electronic device to its original system state by erasing all of the information stored on the device.
We could also say that factory resetting is a reformating of your Xiaomi Phone, so everything in your phone will be erased completely, ie, all the data, passwords, settings downloaded apps, and applications that were installed previously by you.
This is very useful to recover the phone to original settings when the phone is threatened by external means.
But the pre-installed applications such as the system apps and data on the card’s storage that is the microSD card will not be erased.
Hence Factory reset will fix many performance issues of your Xiaomi phone such as freezing without removing your original device’s operating system.
Here are the issues which can be resolved by resetting your phone:
- Free up mobile space.
- Increase the running time speed of the Device.
- Reboot the system apps.
- Fix Bluetooth problems for your device.
- Increased life of your Phone.
- Data management.
Helps to troubleshoot the device with various measures including freezing.
How to Reset Xiaomi Mobile Phones?
How to Wipe all Data in Xiaomi?
There are three methods that you can follow to reset your Xiaomi Mobile Phones.
- Always make sure that you make a copy of the important data or backup all the data inside your Xiaomi phone since this process can’t be undone. Once everything is erased; it’s erased forever.
- Since Xiaomi has an android operating system it is worth encrypting your data before erasing it so that it will add an extra layer of security in case it falls in the wrong hands.
Method 1: Hard Reset Xiaomi Mobile Phones:
Hard Rest is an inbuilt software restore for phones, smartphones, tablets to original system settings. This operation will delete all data, settings, passwords, and applications in the memory device.
- Use the power button to turn off your Redmi phone.
- Gently press and hold the volume button down and the power button together.
- Make sure that you release all buttons when the menu is shown over the phone.
- Press the Volume Down button for scrolling the pointer to Recovery Mode and use the Volume Up button to select.
- When you see a red hazard box, select the Android system recovery menu by pressing the Power button.
- Highlight wipe data or factory reset by means of the volume down button and press the Volume Up button to select.
- From the drop-down menu select Yes, after that you can select delete all user data. You can use the volume up button to select the options.
- After everything is removed, you will get the Android system recovery main menu, select the option reboot the system now.
- Now your Xioami is ready for use.
Method 2: Factory Reset
It is also similar to Hard reset. But this is more simple and easy if you have no issues with the system functions.
Steps to follow:
- Go to your settings in Redmi Phone.
- Select the General settings.
- Select Back-up and reset
- Tap on Factory data reset.
- Now they will ask for your permission to remove downloaded apps and data from the external SD card.. you can choose to remove it or not.
- Then you can click on Reset phone.
- Your Xiaomi is ready to go.
Method 3: Master Reset
It is an alternative method for Hard reset.
- At first turn off your Xiaomi phone by holding the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Then hold the volume up button and power button
- When the MI logo pops up, release the power button.
- Release the volume-up button when the recovery mode pops up.
- Connect the data cable to your Xiaomi.
- Download, Unpack and turn on Xiaomi Device Service Tool.
#The XIAOMI Device Services Tool can be used to perform a lot of useful developer features in XIAOMI smartphones. This app can be used only if you have already entered PC Suite Mode on your device. This tool can be used only to correct your screen locks, resetting the operations, encoding the product name of the device, changing the device mode to fastboot, Qloader, and performing developer operations through MIUI devices.
- Select Pattern Password Reset.
- The software will automatically run the factory reset operation.
- Now your Xiaomi is ready to use.
Method 4: Soft Reset Xiaomi Mobile Phones.
This resetting method can be used when your phone is stuck or Frozen.
Steps to Follow
- Please make sure that your phone is switched on.
- Gently press the Power button on your Xiaomi Phone.
- A pop-up window will appear. Select the option for the device to power off. Your Xiaomi phone will turn off now.
- After a short while, you can again turn on your Xiaomi phone using the power button.
#Note: Soft Reset is just rebooting or restarting your Xiaomi device. Also known as Soft Reboot. This clears data in the random access memory by closing all the applications that are currently in usage. Soft Reset is completely Safe. You don’t lose any data or data storage. in your Xiaomi phone.